At Riverside College, we’ve got Christmas all wrapped up!
On our new 3 week ‘Christmas Treats’ short course, you can learn how to create amazing festive sweets and treats to make your holiday season extra special.
Your creations will also make wonderful gifts for friends and family alike!
Duration: 3 Weeks | Start Date: 30/11/17
Details: Thursdays, 6-9pm
What will I learn on this course?
In the first week, you will learn how to:
- Prepare and cook a traditional fruit cake.
- Prepare chocolate truffles; bite-size treats which are an impressive way to finish a meal and also make a great gift.
- Marinated goats’ cheese; a refreshing alternative to a cheeseboard that can be made ahead and given as a gift served with crackers and chutney.
During the second week, you will learn how to make:
- Onion chutney; give this tangy pickle away as a gift or keep in your cupboard for a colourful condiment.
- Cherry and coconut Florentine; a great treat for your Christmas celebrations.
- Candied cinnamon spiced pecans.
In the third and final week, you will learn how to make:
- Spiced pickled pears; a stylish and gorgeous treat.
- Finish off your Christmas cake with marzipan, icing, and decorations.
There are no formal requirements for this course.
How will I be assessed?
During your programme you will be assessed by observation of your practical skills, and your tutor will provide feedback throughout.
Are there any costs associated with this course?
The costs for this course is £35.
You will work in our newly refurbished production kitchen with course tutor Stephen Parkinson.