Riverside College celebrated the outstanding learning and volunteering achievements of their Life Skills and ESOL (English for speakers of other languages) students at the annual ‘Adult Skills for Life Awards Evening’.
College Vice Principal Thalia Bell and Programme Manager for Adult Learning Rachel Clarke presented over fifty well deserved awards on the night, while an audience of student peers, family and friends proudly watched on.
Students were recognised for accomplishments including Recognition of Achievement, Peer Mentoring and 100% Attendance.
Eight special recognition awards were presented to students who have displayed exceptional performance throughout the year. Awards included Inspirational Student of the Year, Motivational Student of the Year, Progression Student of the year, and Overall Student of the Year.
• Fadi Butler – Motivational Award for ESOL
• Jane Horabin – Motivational Award for Skills for Life
• Csaba Gigor – Progression Award for ESOL
• Afrodita Balint – Progression Award for Skills for Life
• Agata Rutowska – Inspirational Award for ESOL
• Linda Kingsley – Inspirational Award for Skills for Life
• Serenela Nita – ESOL Student of the Year
• Janet Cuthbert – Student of the Year
Chelsey Murdoch, Skills for Life Programme Area leader, said, “The awards evening was a celebration of our students’ successes throughout the year. It was wonderful to see so many with their children, friends and family supporting them. Many of the students are now progressing onto other courses to further their studies while others have been successful in finding employment. We would like to wish all of our student’s good luck for the future.”