Aged 19+ and looking to change your career?
You could be eligible for an Advanced Learner Loan – which means no up-front fees!
Advanced Learner Loan
If you are 19 or over you may be eligible for an Advanced Learner Loan. These loans will cover the full course fee for level 3 courses marked with a + in the adult course guide for the duration of your course. This means you don’t have to pay any money up front, and you will not make any repayments until you are earning over £21,000 per year.
If you are studying an Access to Higher Education course, your Advanced Learner Loan will be written off when you complete your degree. Further support may be available to eligible applicants via the loan bursary scheme.
- 19 or over on the first day of your course
- A UK resident
- Have not previously had a loan for this type of qualification
- Studying at Level 3 or above (Including Access to HE and some substantial part time courses and Advanced and Higher Apprenticeships)
- You won’t have to pay anything back until your income exceeds £21,000.
- Then you will only pay back 9% of any income above £21,000 a year, see the repayments table below for examples.
- Emergency funding
- In class learning support where an assessment has confirmed the need for assistance. However, discretion may be applied to react to learner’s needs and local circumstances.
|Income each year before tax||Monthly Salary||Monthly Repayment|
|Up to £21,000||£1,750||£0|
For more information contact our Admissions Team on 0151 257 2053.
How to Apply:
You can make your online application at www.gov.uk/advanced-learner-loan.
We will be offering workshops throughout the year to support you with your application. You will be advised of dates once you have applied.
For independent financial advice please contact the Money Advice Service at www.moneyadviceservice.org.uk.
Loans Bursary Fund
The Loans Bursary Fund is available to assist students with learning difficulties or disabilities, provide assistance to parents who need help with childcare and to support ex-military personnel.
Students aged 19 and over who have an approved Advanced Learning Loan by the Student Loan Company and have registered for their college course are potentially eligible to apply for a Loans Bursary, dependent on need. The categories for which support is given are:
Applying for the Loans Bursary Fund
An application form is available from Programme Management and Student Services. If you are already in receipt of bursary – you can complete an online application here or it is also available from Programme Management and Student Services. All applications will be means tested and proof of income will be required. When assessing your application, we will consider other funding support already available to you.
The Loans Bursary Fund is limited and awards are subject to availability.
For more information about Fees, Financial Information and How to Pay – Click Here.