What does an Apprenticeship include?
An Apprenticeship Framework or Standard can comprise of:
- A minimum of 30 hours per week paid employment
- Knowledge-based training
- Competence-based training
- Transferable skills such as English and Maths
- Skills, Knowledge and Behaviours
How long does it take?
Generally, an Apprenticeship takes between 12 to 24 months to complete. However, this can vary depending on the programme and previous skills of an individual candidate.
How much does it cost for a business to take on an Apprentice?
The minimum wage for an Apprentice currently stands at £3.50 per hour (from 1st April 2017) However, as their course progresses, many UK employers tend to increase wages in line with the Apprentice’s developing skills and industry-specific knowledge.
- LEVY employers can fund training through their digital account
- NON LEVY employers will be funded for 90% of their training costs or 100% for 16-18 year olds, if they have less than 50 employees.
What’s in it for me and my business?
In an increasingly tough marketplace, successful businesses know that, to continue to grow and thrive, they need to maintain a skilled and motivated workforce.
- Gain skilled qualified staff in a cost effective way
- Address skills shortages
- Motivate your workforce
- Enhance your business performance
How do Apprenticeships work?
Apprentices can attend college or have their training delivered in the workplace, and benefit from regular contact with their assigned tutor and training officer.
What is the Apprenticeship Levy?
Contact Employer Services on 0151 257 2828 or email email@example.com