2D Computer Aided Design (CAD) – Level 2
Level: 2 | Duration: 18 Weeks | Start Date: 23/01/19
Details: Wednesdays, 6pm – 9pm | Location: Cronton Sixth Form
What is this course about?
City & Guilds CAD course provides comprehensive training on Computer Aided Design software. There is a strong focus on AutoCAD which will help you develop your career in engineering design, whether you’re just starting out or you’re an experiences designers looking to acquire specialist 2D design skills. You will focus on the principles of AutoCAD 2D drawing environment, in terms of hardware, software and physical surrounds.
There are no formal entry requirements for this qualification.
What will this course lead on to?
The qualifications could lead to a career as a CAD draughtsperson. It allows you to be comfortable with a range of CAD software packages becoming familiar with 2D modelling and drawing. It could also help you to progress into similar courses within further education
What will I learn on this course?
- Use associated IT, CAD hardware and operating systems
- Use basic file management techniques and maintain health and safety requirements
- Use and identify key components of the software relating to the 2D drawing environment
- Use a range of viewing commands and set up the drawing space
- Use drawing commands to produce shapes
- Use the CAD software’s co-ordinate system to aid accurate drawing
- Use hatch, text and simple dimensioning routines
- Use basic editing commands and produce simple hard copies
The qualification includes a 40 minutes CAD GOLA Test graded pass, merit, distinction. A pass must be achieved in order to achieve the qualification.
Are there any costs associated with this course?
Course fee: £310
Many of our courses can be studied for free, even if you are employed or self-employed, depending on your individual circumstances and the course you have chosen to study. Click here for more information.
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 50 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes