Level: 4 | Duration: 2 Years | Start Date: September 2019
Details: 1 Day Per Week, 1pm to 9pm
• 64 UCAS points (160 old tariff)
Made up of a combination of the following:
• Level 3 qualification in a relevant subject e.g. BTEC Extended Diploma in Engineering
• You must also have AS maths or level 3 equivalent
• You must also have Maths and English GCSE at minimum C grade (or equivalent)
Course Fee (Per Year): £TBC
A Higher National Certificate (HNC) in an engineering discipline is considered to be one of the benchmark qualifications for the industry. Employers place a high value on individuals who possess a HNC in Engineering.
This programme of study has been designed to develop higher level skills and knowledge in Engineering. It provides the education and training for engineers and technicians who are either employed or are aspiring to work at a professional level in a variety of engineering roles.
- State of the art industry training centre with over £3.6 million worth of investment
- 3D Printers
- CAD/CNC equipment
- Recognition from national engineering bodies
- Highly qualified tutors with a wide range of industry experience
You will study core units which include:
- Engineering Design
- Engineering Maths
- Engineering Science
- Managing a Professional Engineering Project
Additional units would then be selected from the list below, depending on the specialist HNC Engineering pathway followed.
(Pathways available in Mechanical Engineering or Electrical and Electronic Engineering).
Pathway and unit availability is subject to viable group numbers.
- Mechanical Principles
- Fundamentals of Thermodynamics and Heat Engines
- Electrical and Electronic Principles
- Materials, Properties and Testing
- Automation, Robotics and PLC
- Electrical Machines
- Digital Principles
- Fluid Mechanics
- Computer Aided Design and Manufacture
Will be carried out by means of a number of assignments, practical activities and course work.
Employers place a high value on individuals who possess a Higher National Certificate in Mechanical Engineering and it can open up higher level jobs within industry or lead directly to a pay rise or promotion with your current employer.
At the end of this course, you may also be eligible to progress onto a HND or degree programme in Engineering
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 50 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes