Above all, we want you to be happy here and to achieve your full academic potential. At Riverside College we have a dedicated Higher Education pastoral support worker for Adults and Higher Education who can help with everything from applying for student finance, to supporting you to fit learning around your other commitments.
We sincerely hope that the experience you have here, both academically and socially, will stay with you as a positive experience for the rest of your life.
When you join Riverside College you will be assigned a personal tutor. Your tutor will guide you through your course, support you through any difficult times and above all, celebrate your successes.
Your personal tutor will help you to settle into college and carefully monitor your progress and help you with careers guidance, study skills and any other concerns.
Some careers demand that you have professional experience in addition to your degree. You can participate in a wide range of activities we have on offer at the college to help you develop an understanding of your chosen career, such as work experience, volunteering, career related enrichment and employability workshops.
Your welfare is our priority and we will help you to overcome any obstacles to your success, achievement and progression.
If you experience any difficulties coping with your college work, or feel that you could do better with some extra help, we have a dedicated study support team to help you.
If you start to experience financial difficulties during your course, come and talk to us, we may be able to help.
We can assist you with:
- Organising and planning your work
- Managing your time effectively
- Arranging for extra workshops in skills such as English, Maths and IT
- Developing your study skills to maximise your potential
- Arranging specialist equipment e.g. software for students with dyslexia
- Helping you with language skills if English is not your first language
- Identifying and exploring your individual learning needs
We also have a team of tutors and support workers who work with students who have disabilities or learning difficulties / differences such as Dyslexia or Asperger’s Syndrome.
We can help you with:
- Progression on to your next step
- Job vacancies and employment opportunities
- Managing your finances
- Individual counselling for you if you have any personal difficulties
- Advice on financial assistance available