Level: 2 | Duration: 1 Year | Start Date: 22/09/21
Details: Wednesday, 6pm – 9pm
What can I look forward to in my first year?
You will become a qualified Gym Instructor within the year, gaining and INDUSTRY RECOGNISED qualification.
This qualification aims to:
- focus on the role and scope of a Gym Instructor
- offer breadth and depth of study, incorporating a key core of knowledge
- provide opportunities to acquire a number of practical and technical skills.
The objectives of this qualification are for learners to:
- demonstrate the knowledge, understanding and practical skills needed to work as a Gym Instructor
- develop skills and knowledge in a range of areas relevant to their role, such as:
– the principles of working in the gym environment, including customer service and how to maintain health, safety and welfare
– anatomy and physiology
– how to conduct consultations and promote the health benefits of physical activity
– how to communicate effectively and motivate clients to adhere to an exercise programme
– how to plan and prepare a gym-based exercise programme.
What will happen in my first week?
You will meet the rest of the group that you will be studying with over your year at college. The first week will be a very practical based week, in terms of starting studying for the qualification and taking part in Gym Based Training Activities (Free Weight & Machine activities including Circuit Training).
What will my timetable look like?
You will be in College for 1 evening a week. During this time, you will spend time in the classroom and gym environment developing the personal, practical skills and knowledge requirements to work as a gym instructor in the field of Health & Fitness.
Are there any books I need to buy or useful websites I should look at?
- Anatomy and Physiology (heart, lungs, muscles, bones, energy systems)
- Principles of Exercise (training methods, smart principle, fit principle)
- Health Screening
- Customer Service
Do I need to buy any equipment or kit?
You will be required to buy a t-shirt that will represent the course that you are studying on.
Which modules will I study on the programme?
- Anatomy and physiology for exercise
- Maximising the customer experience in a gym environment
- Supporting client health and well-being
- Conducting client consultations and gym inductions
- Planning and reviewing gym-based exercise programmes
- Instruction and supervising gym-based exercise programmes
Call 0151 257 2053 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 50 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes