Welcome to the Beauty Therapy Learning Resources & Practice Tasks Page
Click on the link below for the Beauty Therapy course leaflet to gain information on entry requirements, course content, facilities and enrichment opportunities, please click on the button below.
Hello. So you are interested in learning to master the skills in a fast moving and dynamic area that leads to travel, meeting people and shaping your own future?
Welcome to the Riverside College Centre of Excellence. We, (a fabulous, dedicated, industry specialist team), are very much looking forward to seeing you at enrolment, and for you to start your course with us in September.
Did You Know ………
- 100% of our students achieved their qualifications with fantastic results
- 100% of our level 3 students gained employment or went to university.
- Six of our students won UK World skills competitions
- Our beauty therapy students are considered amongst the best trained students in the UK.
- Eight students were invited to London as part of the hair & makeup team for the Miss World TV event.
- Our students form part of the hair & makeup team for top fashion designers at London Fashion Week.
- We work with local, national and international employers to help you secure your dream job.
- Each year we offer a number of scholarships in beauty therapy (application form attached).
Welcome to the resources to help you prepare for your Level 2 Beauty Therapy course at the Riverside College Centre of Excellence in Hairdressing and Beauty Therapy. We are very much looking forward to seeing you at enrolment and for you to start your course with us in September.
The course covers the following skills:
- Working in the Beauty Therapy industry
- Client consultation
- Eye Treatments
- Manicure and Pedicure
- Facial techniques
- Spray Tanning
Exciting Opportunities: You will get the opportunity in the first term to visit the Professional Beauty Show (North West). This large Exhibition showcases the lead runners of products and treatment techniques in the Industry.
We also run additional workshops (which make you more employable), for the following techniques: Gel polish, Ear Piercing, Lash Lifting, Brow Lamination, High Definition brows, one on one Individual Lashes and many more.
If you have any questions about enrolment, then please speak to the school liaison team by emailing: email@example.com
If you have any questions about your Beauty Therapy course, then please contact Lyn.firstname.lastname@example.org
Here are a few tasks to give you an idea of what to expect when you start your new course. Try to do as many of the tasks as you can.
The resources we have put together cover the units that we start with at the beginning of the Beauty Therapy course. Some of the information you collect can be used to support your first theory units and practical assessments.
Task 1 – Observing a Practical Activity
Watch the following video clip. The first practical unit that you will complete when you start on your new course is Eyelash and eyebrow tinting.
Here is a diagram of a hair, it has three layers. Research the three layers and then write down your findings (you may find there is more information on some layers than others). Hair is the first Anatomy and Physiology Unit that we cover.
Why do you think that we have hair?
Health and safety in the salon – this is the first theory topic that we cover – look at the picture below. Can you spot 10 hazards that could have the potential to cause harm?
A career in Beauty Therapy – there are so many exciting opportunities when you have completed your beauty qualifications. This task will also help with your assignment work for unit 201, (working in the beauty industry).
Please read the fact sheet at https://nationalcareers.service.gov.uk/search-results?searchTerm=beauty+therapist
and answer the following questions.
- What is the expected yearly salary for a beauty therapist? (if you are self-employed you would have endless earning potential!)
- What are the most important skills & knowledge you will need?
- List your day to day tasks if you were a therapist in a salon
- What could be your career progression once you have completed your beauty therapy qualifications?
Now watch the following video about another career option open to you when you have completed your qualifications.
Describe what would be your dream job in the industry and Why
We hope you have enjoyed these beauty therapy resources. Completing these resources will help you with your skills and knowledge tasks in your first term with us.
We look forward to seeing you in September. If you have any questions regarding these resources or your course in September, please don’t hesitate to contact me.
We look forward to welcoming you to the Centre of Excellence in Hairdressing & Beauty Therapy in September 2021. In the first week at College you will be taking part in practical and theory sessions, meeting your tutors, seeing old friends and making new ones.
Head of School