Riverside College honoured the achievements of their apprentices and the contributions of their partner employers at the annual Apprenticeship Awards Evening, part of the College’s National Apprenticeship Week 2020 celebrations.
Jayne Smith, Head of Skills and Enterprise at Riverside College welcomed guests who included major employers and their apprentices at the College’s Scholars Restaurant.
Guests enjoyed Apprenticeship talks by Mel Dodd, Skills Strategy Manager for the Liverpool City Region Apprenticeship Support Team and a talk from former Riverside Apprentice Michelle O’Brien who discussed her time as an apprentice and career progression.
Fifteen awards were presented on the evening by The Worshipful the Mayor of Halton Councillor Margaret Horabin to apprentices from a variety of industries.
Special mention went to Bell Group who were awarded Employer of the Year for their outstanding commitment to both apprenticeships and Riverside College, and to Connor Watkinson, apprentice at MJ Gleeson PLC, who took home the Apprentice of the Year award.
Jayne Smith commented, “The Apprenticeship Awards Evening is a fantastic opportunity to celebrate the wonderful achievements and contributions our apprentices have made within their organisations. Apprentices bring new energy and passion to every industry, it was an honour to present our awards to these outstanding and inspiring apprentices.”
- Kathryn Bradley (Warrington and Halton Hospital NHS Foundation Trust) – Health and Social Care
- Oliver Collins (Evolve Facility Services Limited) – Functional Skills
- Macy Dyer (Koura) – Business Administration and Customer Service
- Callum Fagan (DT Plumbing and Heating) – Plumbing and Heating
- Tony Ierston (Bell Group) – Brickwork and Painting and Decorating
- Michael McKenna (Sure Safe Electrics Widnes) – Electrical Installation
- Jack Morrison (Warrington Fabrication Co Ltd) – Welding and Fabrication
- Jamie Mottram (Gildon Lymm Hydraulics Ltd) – Engineering
- Francisco Jose Reyes Medrano (Halton Borough Council) – Catering and Hospitality
- Teigan Risley (Leavitt Walmsley Associates Ltd) – Accountancy
- Connor Watkinson (MJ Gleeson PLC) – Carpentry and Joinery
- Georgia-Bleu Williams (Carpenter Additive) – Science and Information Technology
- Demi-Lee Worrall (Anya Hair and Beauty) – Hairdressing
- Apprentice Employer of the Year 2020 – Bell Group
- Overall Apprentice of the Year 2020 – Connor Watkinson (MJ Gleeson PLC)