Learner Support Funds
If you or your parents/guardians are in receipt of means tested benefits or have an annual household income of less than £17,000 you can apply for help with college costs: Travel, meals, books, equipment, uniforms and much more.
- Bursary – weekly cash to support your studies
- Transport – free bus passes or travel payments if you are not on a bus route.
- Bursary Plus – help towards costs such as: uniforms, books, equipment, trips and visits, UCAS applications, CRB checks etc.
- College meals – If you are under 19 years of age and received free school meals in year 11 you may be able to apply for free meals on the days you are timetabled to be in college.
To apply please send your name and student number to Clare.Orme@riversidecollege.ac.uk and request an electronic form to be sent out. Please note you will need to upload evidence to meet the eligibility criteria.
How to apply
You will find out more information about how to apply for Bursary 1 and 2 when you access the Welcome Pack link on your enrolment letter. You will receive your enrolment letter at the end of July/ beginning of August.
You will need to bring evidence of your eligibility and bank details to enrolment. Applicants must have their own bank accounts to apply.
Examples of evidence includes a letter from your local authority stating you were on free school meals in year 11 and / or official evidence of benefits – we will not be able to process your application without this evidence.
For Bursary Plus please note it is available if you or your parents/guardians are in receipt of means tested benefits or have an annual household income of less than £21,000. Please note the terms and conditions apply for all Learner Support Funds.
Eligible students aged 20+ may be able to apply for financial assistance with their child care. Contact Ben Etchells to arrange an appointment (details below).
Adult Learning Links
- Adult Learning Homepage
- Adult Courses
- Access to Higher Education Courses
- Fees & Financial Support
- Bursary / Finance Support
- Advanced Learner Loan
- Is College For You?