Learner Support Funds
If you or your parents/guardians are in receipt of means tested benefits or have an annual household income of less than £17,000 you can apply for help with college costs: Travel, meals, books, equipment, uniforms and much more.
- Bursary – weekly cash to support your studies.
- Transport – free bus passes or travel payments if you are not on a bus route.
- Bursary Plus – help towards costs such as: uniforms, books, equipment, trips and visits, UCAS applications, CRB checks etc.
- College meals – If you are under 19 years of age and received free school meals in year 11 you may be able to apply for free meals on the days you are timetabled to be in college.
How to apply
For Bursary 1 and 2 you will be asked to complete an application form available from Programme Management/Student Services offices on site. You will need to bring it with you to enrolment, along with evidence of your eligibility and bank details. Applicants must have their own bank accounts to apply.
For Bursary Plus please note it is available if you or your parents/guardians are in receipt of means tested benefits or have an annual household income of less than £21,000. Please note the terms and conditions apply for all Learner Support Funds.
Eligible students aged 20+ may be able to apply for financial assistance with their child care. Contact Ben Etchells to arrange an appointment and application forms can be seen below:
(Aged 19+) Bursary Application Form 2019-20
(Aged 16-18) Bursary Application Form 2019-20
Childcare Bursary Application Form 2019-20
Examples of evidence includes a letter from your local authority stating you were on free school meals in year 11 and / or official evidence of benefits – we will not be able to process your application without this evidence.
If you have any questions or queries about the bursary scheme, please contact Ben Etchells on 0151 257 2109. Alternatively you may email: email@example.com
Adult Learning Links
- Adult Learning Homepage
- Adult Courses
- Access to Higher Education Courses
- Fees & Financial Support
- Bursary / Finance Support
- Advanced Learner Loan
- Is College For You?