The Board of Governors
The Board of Governors comprises 15 members including:
- The Principal
- 2 student members
- 1 member of the teaching staff
- 1 member of the non-teaching staff
Our external Governors are drawn from a range of backgrounds and experience. Our Governing Body works as a team to set the strategic direction of the College.
Their responsibilities are to:
- Determine and periodically review the educational character and mission of the institution and oversee its activities
- Approve the College’s quality strategy
- Ensure the effective and efficient use of resources, the solvency of the College and the Corporation and safeguarding assets
- Approve the annual estimates of income and expenditure
- Appoint senior postholders and determine a framework for the pay and conditions of service of all staff
The Governing Body has scheduled meetings. In addition, if there are pressing matters they may call special meetings. The number of issues Governors need to discuss is immense, so to ensure that all of them are given proper consideration a committee system is used.
There are six standing committees as follows:
3. Finance & General Purposes
4. Quality & Standards
Board meetings usually take place 4 times in an academic year. Additionally the other committees will usually meet 3 times a year. All Governors are expected to attend and participate in as many meetings of the Board as possible and to join and support one of the Committees. Meeting are usually held at 5pm. Governors are also involved in College life through attendance at College events such as award evenings and plays.
Are you interested in supporting Riverside College and Cronton Sixth Form College?
Our Board includes members with a range of skills and expertise in the public, private and voluntary sectors, as well as elected student and staff governors. If you are interested in finding out more about becoming a governor, please contact Catherine Shaw.
Click here to see the current Board of Governors at Riverside College.
Click here to view the minutes of Governor meetings.