Personal and Academic Support
At Riverside College, we work in partnership with you to make sure that you realise both your full personal and academic potential. Enjoying college life and becoming fully involved will create an unforgettable experience.
You will be assigned a Personal Tutor who will be there alongside you every step of the way to guide you through college life and help you make decisions on both a personal and academic level.
Career Enhancement and Work Experience
We actively encourage work experience. It provides you with a valuable addition to your CV or UCAS application, as well as enhancing knowledge of your chosen career.
Parents Will Receive
- Invitations to welcome / progress evenings and progress reports twice a year
- Access to a termly newsletter
- Invitations to celebrate and acknowledge excellent work and attainment
- Prompt contact in the event of poor attendance or progress
We have a dedicated Study Support team who are always on hand to assist you with:
- Organising / planning your work and time management
- Arranging for additional workshops in skills such as English, Maths and IT
- Developing your study skills and arranging specialist equipment if needed
- Helping you with language skills if English is not your first language
- Identifying and exploring your individual learning needs and exam support
We have a team of tutors and support workers who work with students who have disabilities or learning difficulties / differences such as Dyslexia, Dyscalculia and Asperger’s Syndrome.
We have an experienced health and wellbeing team. Welfare is their priority and they can support you with any personal difficulties or obstacles you may encounter during your time at college.
Our experienced team can help you with:
- Career decisions and higher education routes including UCAS applications
- Job vacancies and employment opportunities
- Managing your finances and financial assistance
- Individual support if you have any personal difficulties