In this section you will find some of our college policies and key information.
16 to 19 Tuition Fund
The college is pleased to announce that in line with additional funding provided by the Education and Skills Funding Agency for academic year 21/22 we will be offering small group support tuition for all our eligible 16-19 students.
Covid 19 Risk Assessment
This Risk assessment will be under constant review and any changes made will amended.
Equality & Diversity
Riverside College welcomes people from all sections of the community. We are committed to an ethos of promoting equality and social inclusion, and removing any barriers to learning that people may face. Your own race, gender, age, ability or disability, sexuality, religion, culture and lifestyle will be respected and treated positively.
- To view a copy of the college’s Equality and Diversity Policy please click here.
- To view the Equality and Diversity Chapter of the college’s strategic plan please click here.
- To view the college’s gender pay gap report please click here.
Freedom of Information
Please click here to view the college’s Privacy Statement (for Students).
Please click here to view the college’s Privacy Statement (for Staff).
Please click the links below for college policies that you may find useful:
- Remote Learning Strategy
- Complaints Policy
- Safeguarding Children
- Safeguarding Vulnerable Adults
- Data Breach Policy
- Data Protection
- Admissions Policy
- Careers & Enterprise Programme
- CEIAG Mission and Delivery Statement
- TU Facility Time
- Work Experience and Industry Placements Policy
- Centre Policy Summer 2021
- Procurement Policy
- Anti Bullying Policy
- Supply Chain Fees & Charges Policy
- Careers Education, Information, Advice & Guidance – Provider Access Statement
- IT Security Policy
Higher Education Policies
Click here to view our Higher Education Policies and Procedures.
Click here for details on working at Riverside College, our current vacancies and how to apply.
- Click here to access the minutes of recent Board and Committee meetings.
- Click here for information on who our governors are.
- Click here for information about how to become a governor.
Public Value Statement
Please click here to download a copy. Terms and conditions apply.
Ofsted Inspection: Outstanding
On Wednesday 10 June 2020, Ofsted published Riverside College’s report following their inspection on 26 February – 11 March 2020.
Following the inspection, Riverside College, including Cronton Sixth Form College, has been given the highest possible rating by Ofsted who have judged the college to be OUTSTANDING.
This makes us the only Further Education College in the North West to achieve OUTSTANDING under the new Ofsted Education Inspection Framework (EIF).
After a meticulous review of the College, Ofsted inspectors made the following judgements:
- Overall effectiveness – Outstanding
- The quality of education – Outstanding
- Behaviour and attitudes – Outstanding
- Personal development – Outstanding
- Leadership and management – Outstanding
- Education programmes for young people – Outstanding
- Adult learning programmes – Outstanding
- Apprenticeships – Outstanding
- Provision for learners with high needs – Good
- Overall effectiveness at previous inspection – Good
TEF Gold Award (Higher Education)
In June 2019, Riverside College was awarded a TEF Gold Award for excellent outcomes for students on its Higher Education courses. The Teaching Excellence Framework was introduced by the Government in 2017 to measure the performance of the UK higher education sector.
Riverside College was rated for its high levels of student satisfaction with assessment and feedback. Teaching on my course and academic support were also judged to be exceptionally high.
In addition, the TEF panel recognised:
• “The provision of extensive and sustained opportunities and challenges for ensuring that students from non-traditional backgrounds achieve their full potential.”
• “An embedded institutional culture that facilitates, recognises and rewards excellent teaching, leading to frequent and consistent student engagement”.
QAA Institutional Review of Higher Education
In October 2015, Riverside College was awarded the QAA Quality Mark. This means that the College’s academic standards, the quality and enhancement of student learning opportunities, and the quality of information about these opportunities all meet UK expectations. The review identified as an example of good practice the effective integration of all student support services including the use of the student tracking and achievement record system in order to enable students to develop their academic, personal and professional potential.
Access and Participation Plans
As part of its registration process with the Office for Students, Riverside College has produced an access and participation plan for 2019/20 and a second plan to cover the years 2020-21 to 2024-25. Riverside College’s access and participation plans set out our approach to improve equality of opportunity for underrepresented groups to access and succeed in higher education.
Provider Access Legislation
Click here for more information.