Riverside College, Kingsway Campus, Widnes, WA8 7QQ
Student Transport: ACADEMIC YEAR 23/24
At Riverside College we aim to ensure that your journey is a smooth one by providing you with:
A FREE Warrington’s Own Buses bus pass for the academic year 23/24 if you live more than 1.5 miles away from college. Warrington’s Own Buses run the college services listed below.
17 dedicated, direct bus services at the beginning and end of the college day services by Warrington’s Own Buses from the following areas:
- St Helens
- Stockton Heath
Students using one of the Warrington’s Own Buses routes can use the company’s mapping tool to map their journey: https://www.warringtonsownbuses.co.uk/riverside-college
For the Ashcroft’s 26/26A timetable, and to look at any other provider timetables such as Arriva please click here: https://www3.halton.gov.uk/Pages/publictransport/bus-timetables.aspx or visit the pages below.
For more information on all Arriva bus services serving the Colleges and details of Arriva tickets, visit: arrivabus.co.uk or call 0344 800 44 11.
The College buses run during term time and will finish for the summer on Friday 14th July 2023.
How and when will I get my bus pass?
If you are a returning student and you had a Warrington’s Own Bus pass last year you will automatically be issued one this year. This year bus passes will NOT be on an APP on your phone as per last year, instead they will be printed as a QR code on your College ID badge. This QR code is unique to you and therefore your ID card acts as your bus pass. If you did not have a pass last year but wish to have one this year (and you live more than 1.5 miles away from your campus and are studying a substantial course), please see the Bursary team in Programme Management to apply. You will be able to travel on the buses without your pass until you have been given your new ID card during your first week.
If it is your first year, you will be issued your FREE Warrington’s Own Buses bus pass at enrolment. The bus pass will be printed as a QR code on your College ID card. Your College ID card is also your bus pass, so you must keep it safe and you will need it with you to access Warrington’s Own Buses services by scanning it on the bus. If for any reason at enrolment you do not get a pass on your ID card and you wanted one and are eligible, please see the Bursary/Bus Pass team in Programme Management.
Bus Services NOT subsidised by the College:
- If you would like an Arriva pass you can apply for one directly with them, please see the button in the menu below for more details.
- If you are travelling within the Liverpool City Region (Halton, Liverpool, Knowsley, St Helens and Sefton) and wish to pay daily for your travel and travel using different bus providers, the best option is a daily My Ticket at £2.20 per day. Just ask for a My Ticket on the bus.
Covid-19 Safety Measures
In addition to all of the safety measures we have put in place within College, we have worked with our local transport providers to ensure that all of the latest guidance from the Government on travelling to College is being followed.
Face coverings continue to be advised on public transport and we require you to wear them on our dedicated College transport in order to keep all students safe. If you are exempt, please provide evidence in the form of daisy lanyards or pin badges (available from Programme Management) on College transport.
We are encouraging students to walk or cycle to College where safe and appropriate, and have increased the number of bike sheds available to support this. The advice is still to limit your use of public transport if you can.
When travelling on the College buses or public transport in order to stay safe please ensure that you;
- Wear a face covering at all times, unless you are exempt (please carry with you your NHS exemption card or lanyard).
- Wash and/or sanitise your hands before entering the bus and when you disembark
- Use contactless bus passes or payment cards, avoid the use of cash where possible
- Ensure you follow the ‘catch it, bin it, kill it’ approach, carry a tissue with you at all times and if you use it dispose of it in the bins provided when you arrive at College
- Do not travel on any transport if you, or anyone in your household is displaying symptoms of COVID-19
- If you start to display symptoms of COVID-19 while in College, you must inform a member of staff immediately and not board any College or public transport. Staff will work with you to contact your emergency contact and make arrangements for you to get home safely.
If you would like to read more on how the transport providers are working hard to keep you safe whilst on their vehicles please visit their individual websites.