Riverside College recently celebrated the learning and volunteering achievements of their Life Skills and ESOL (English for speakers of other languages) students, at the annual Adult Skills for Life Awards Evening.
Thalia Bell, Vice Principal, and Rachel Clarke, Head of Skills for Life, welcomed the audience of students, family and friends before almost fifty awards were presented.
The ceremony was held at the College’s Centre Stage Theatre, with students recognised for accomplishments including Recognition of Learning, 100% Attendance, Volunteering in the Classroom, and Volunteering at Speke Hall.
There were also special recognition awards presented to students who have displayed exceptional performance throughout the year. Awards included Inspirational Student of the Year, Motivational Student of the Year, Progression Student of the year, and Overall Student of the Year.
Chelsey Murdoch, Skills for Life Programme Area leader, said, “It was a successful evening and students were genuinely delighted to receive their certificates and awards. The evening was in recognition of learning goals and a celebration of achievements, which our learners had made throughout the year. It was a delight to celebrate these successes with the learners, their family and their friends.”
ESOL Award Winners
- Izabela Borecka Kuik -Progression Student of the Year
- Selma Duman -Inspirational Student of the Year
- Anna Rak – Motivational Student of the Year
- Nattikarn McLaughlin – Student of the Year
Skills for Life Award Winners
- Cara Swan – Progression Student of the Year
- Jasmine Locke – Inspirational Student of the Year
- Sharon Mcgregor – Motivational Student of the Year
- Alex Scott – Student of the Year