National Apprenticeship Week 2024 provided Riverside College with a unique occasion to applaud the remarkable achievements of its apprentices and acknowledge the invaluable support and commitment of their employers at the esteemed annual Apprenticeship Awards Evening.
To an audience of parents, friends and employers, the Awards Evening was a great opportunity to hear how the apprentices had developed Skills for Life during their apprenticeship and used these as a platform to progress their careers.
The awards were presented by the Mayor of Halton, Councillor Valerie Hill. The overall Apprentice of the Year award went to talented Digital Marketing and Information Technology David Donlan. The Small/Medium Employer of the Year award went to Daisy Maisies Limited, and the Large Employer of the Year award went to Howden Joinery Group PLC.
- Georgia McIntyre, Esken, Accountancy
- Freddie Gamon, MBG Bricklaying, Brickwork
- Olly Baker, Remedi Solutions, Business Administration and Customer Service
- Daniel Burgess, Persimmon, Carpentry & Joinery
- David Donlan, Saints Peter and Paul Catholic High School, Digital Marketing and Information Technology
- Nicola Antrobus, Upton Pre-School, Early Years
- Thomas Collins, Cheshire Electrical, Electrical Installation
- Jamie Capewell, Shearfab, Engineering
- Jackson Garfield, Balfour Beatty, Geospatial
- Grace Cooper, Coopers Family Hair Centre, Hairdressing
- Claire Scott, Warrington and Halton Teaching Hospital, Health and Social Care
- Joseph Edge, Bell Group Limited, Painting and Decorating