Many job roles involve interaction with customers, clients or colleagues to inform, advise or guide them, and there are many techniques it is important to be aware of in order to carry this out effectively.
This course aims to equip you with the practical skills needed to successfully convey information, advice or guidance in a wide range of situations and sectors. The course covers a variety of key topics crucial to providing an excellent and efficient service, including questioning, listening and communicating techniques, the importance of confidentiality and how to overcome barriers.
Who is suitable?
This course is suitable for anyone working in, or looking to work in, a role which involves the giving of information, advice or guidance. The knowledge gained by carrying out this qualification is transferable across a wide range of sectors, allowing you to apply it to your own employment context. The minimum age requirement is 16 years old.
What you will learn
This course is split into five manageable units:
- Unit 1: Information, advice or guidance in practice
- Unit 2: Developing interaction skills for information, advice or guidance
- Unit 3: Signposting and referral in information, advice or guidance
- Unit 4: Information, advice or guidance in context
- Unit 5: Skills for advice providers
Studying via distance learning means you can choose when and where you study. We ensure that you get all the support you need throughout your course in the form of a personal tutor.
This course is available: Fully online
This fully online course is made available on The Skills Network’s online learning platform, EQUAL. Online learning with a difference. EQUAL features:
- Exciting and engaging content
- Interactivity – featuring videos and games to enhance learning
- Access to an online portfolio where learning and feedback can be accessed at any time
- Gain a nationally recognised qualification
- Improve your communication skills to help you create a long-standing career pathway in your chosen industry
- Courses are delivered as distance learning, allowing you to choose when and where to study
- Personal tutors are assigned to ensure you have the support needed to succeed
If you would like more information, please call Georgia Whitfield on 0151 257 2175 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 10 weeks
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes