In 2017, there were 412 arrests for terrorism-related offences. With issues of human rights, hate crime and democracy becoming ever more prevalent in the UK and the world, it is more important than ever to be informed on the measures that can be taken to help prevent terrorism and promote safeguarding and British Values in society.
This course will equip learners with a detailed understanding of how to recognise and prevent radicalisation and extremism, the principles of safeguarding, the Prevent duty and its importance in society, and the importance of online safety and British Values.
Who is suitable?
This course is ideal for learners who wish to increase their awareness and understanding of the issues surrounding Prevent, including radicalisation, extremism, propaganda, social media, and the promotion of British Values, such as democracy and the rule of law. Individuals will also learn more about safeguarding and the legislation relating to it.
What you will learn
This course is split into four manageable units:
- Unit 1: Principles of safeguarding
- Unit 2: The Prevent duty and its importance in society
- Unit 3: The importance of online safety
- Unit 4: The importance of British Values
Studying via distance learning means you can choose when and where you study. We ensure that you get all the support you need throughout your course in the form of a personal tutor.
This course is available: Fully online
This fully online course is made available on The Skills Network’s online learning platform, EQUAL. Online learning with a difference. EQUAL features:
- Exciting and engaging content
- Interactivity – featuring videos and games to enhance learning
- Access to an online portfolio where learning and feedback can be accessed at any time
- Gain a nationally recognised qualification
- Develop a greater understanding of the Prevent duty and British Values
- This course is delivered via distance learning, allowing you to choose when and where you study
- Study will enhance both your personal skills and professional development
- Personal Tutors are assigned to you to ensure that you have the support needed to succeed.
If you would like more information, please call Aaron Unsworth on 0151 257 2179 or email: email@example.com
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 10 weeks
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes