Covid-19 Update 31st December 2020
Update 31st December 2020
Following yesterday’s announcements, please see below an email that is being sent to all parents, students and apprentices regarding arrangements for the start of term.
LETTER FOR STUDENTS / PARENTS:
Subject: DfE Announcement re Re-Opening of College in January
Dear Parent/Carer I hope that you are well, have had a lovely break and may I take this opportunity to wish you all a safe and Happy New Year.
Following the announcements from the Education Secretary yesterday afternoon we wanted to clarify the College’s position for the start of term.
From Monday 4th January we will be open for identified students. All of these students will be contacted directly from 4th January, or before where appropriate.
BTEC and other external exams
Any exams that were scheduled to take place during the first few weeks of term will go ahead as scheduled with COVID secure measures in place. Students should only attend College for their exam unless instructed by their tutor.
Remote Learning (16-18, Adult & HE Students – full and part time)
To support all our students and minimise disruption, lessons will be taught remotely from week commencing 4th January for all learners. Students will be provided with additional information from their teachers as to format via MS Teams on Monday 4th January.
Your College day will take place remotely from Monday 4th January. More information will come out from your teachers via MS Teams.
Support for Students
- If you are struggling with a device to access home learning please contact your tutor and we will endeavour to support you.
- If you need any support for your mental health and wellbeing, please contact your personal tutor or the Health and Wellbeing team via MS Teams or by phoning the College from Monday 4th January.
- College Buses and Public Transport is running as normal for those students who have been identified to attend on site or who are sitting exams.
- If you test positive for Covid please continue to inform the College via the absence line from Monday 4th January.
- As always if you are displaying Covid symptoms, please do not attend College.
We will share more regarding testing week commencing the 4th January and we will update you accordingly.
With best wishes for a safe New Year
Deputy Head of Riverside College