YEAR 11 APPLICANTS
YOUR PLACE FOR SEPTEMBER 2020 IS SAFE
What do I do if I have already applied for a place to start in September 2020 at College?
We would like to reassure all of our applicants who have been offered a place at College that their place is still secure.
We know how hard year 11 pupils have been working to achieve the best grades that they possibly can and how disappointed they must feel with the news that the examinations they’ve been studying so hard for have been cancelled. We would encourage all pupils to continue to work on any work that has been issued from school to ensure that they are ready for college.
As a College we will do everything we can to ensure the right student is on the right course, working with our schools as well as the grading criteria once it is outlined by the Government. During the college term, we will assess all of our students to ensure they receive the support they need and to make sure they are on the right course.
We will keep our website up to date with any new information. Although the college is closed, the Admissions team are available by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
IF YOU ALREADY HAVE AN OFFER OF A PLACE WITH US IN SEPTEMBER 2020, THIS PLACE IS SAFE
If you have already had your College interview and have been offered a place for September 2020:
If you have been already been offered a place with us, we would like to reassure you that your place is still secure. We will continue to work with you to ensure a smooth a transition as possible to studying with us in September. College is currently closed however the Admissions team are available by email at email@example.com
If you have not already had your interview:
We would like to reassure you that your application is very important to us and we are looking forward to progressing your application to the next stage for your chosen course. If you have not already had your interview, please do not worry as we will be contacting you soon. Your interview is now likely to be via telephone during the daytime and we will be in touch to arrange this. We will continue to work with you to ensure a smooth a transition as possible to studying with us in September. College is currently closed however, the Admissions team are available by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
HIGHER EDUCATION APPLICANTS
If you have been offered a conditional or unconditional place on a Higher Education course:
- If you are progressing onto a Higher Education course at Riverside College, it is important that you continue to work towards achieving your course entry requirements. Keeping up to date with your studies is very important.
- Studies show that students who stop learning actually slip back when learning stops. That’s why we would strongly encourage you to keep on track.
- If you are currently working towards meeting an Higher Education course entry requirement, the assignments that you have already submitted as part of your current study and those you continue to submit, plus any modular exams already completed, may form an increasing element of your final grade if exams are confirmed as been cancelled and so it is important that you continue to submit work.
- Please do not let the current circumstances affect your ambitions and progress into Higher Education at Riverside College. Continuing to study is not only good for your own well-being, but keeps you focused on your career aspirations and goals.
- We look forward to you joining our Higher Education Community.