GUIDANCE FOR APPRENTICES
The following information will keep you updated about how we will continue to support you and your employer during the College closure.
We aim to help you to continue with your learning and will provide every opportunity for you to continue to make progress with your apprenticeship.
From Monday 23rd March you will continue with your learning online.
How will College help with virtual learning?
- College will continue to support your learning with your tutor and assessor providing online support. Learning materials and resources will be made available via our Virtual Learning Platform.
- In line with Government guidelines your assessor will not be able to visit you at your workplace. They will however continue to make appointments with you to support learning and ongoing assessment.
- If you are reaching Gateway or the End Point Assessment stage of your programme you will be contacted by the Apprenticeship Team to advise you of any revised arrangements.
What do you need to do to keep up with your work?
- You will access your learning through the College Virtual Learning Environment. This will include maths, English and ICT as required as well as vocational learning. Your employer should continue with the 20% off the job learning for apprentices.
- You should continue to submit work and assignments online
- Please advise the College’s Apprenticeship Team or your assessor if you become ill and are not able to continue with your learning in the short term.
- You will be able access support, advice and guidance through the College’s Apprenticeship Team who will maintain regular contact with you.
You are still part of the College community. How you interact with your friends and tutors may have changed but we are still here to support you. Keep engaged with the College through your online learning and through contact with your assessor and the Apprenticeship Team.