Information about Riverside College Higher Education courses starting in September 2020
Higher Education Provision from September 2020 (Kingsway and Cronton campuses).
All current and prospective Higher Education students studying HNC, HND, foundation degree, top-up degree, Certificate and Postgraduate Certificate in Education courses.
Higher Education Programmes: Teaching, Learning and Assessment
Riverside College is determined to deliver the best possible experience for all of our Higher Education students, whether they are new to Riverside College in September 2020 or re-joining us to complete their programme or progress onto a higher level of study. It is, therefore, important that we let you know that we have a plan in place for September that will put your safety first.
We will provide you with continuity and consistency through predominately face-to-face teaching supplemented by blended learning or online teaching and learning materials which may include on-line classes.
This is a flexible approach to work as those restrictions surrounding Covid-19 are progressively relaxed or possibly tightened. It is also an approach that keeps students safe. Please be assured that we will give you ongoing guidance and support whatever happens.
The majority of teaching for Higher Education students will be delivered face-to-face, subject to any changes imposed by the Government. We will strictly follow Government guidance to adopt safe working practices.
Higher Education students will be expected to engage with teaching and learning in the following ways:
- Attending face-to-face sessions in College (eg lectures, practical sessions, and tutorials).
- Attending on-line sessions through MS Teams (if applicable).
- Engaging in directed study to fully engage and support you to achieve your learning outcomes for each assignment.
- Engaging in independent study
- Completing formative and summative tasks and assignments to support the achievement of the relevant unit/module and qualification.