Level: 6 | Duration: 1 Year | Start Date: September
Days of the Week: 2 Days Per Week, Monday and Tuesday, 9.30am – 4.30pm (TBC 2024)
Location: Riverside College, Kingsway, Widnes, WA8 7QQ
Full Time Course
Course Overview and Duration
This course has been designed to produce the professionals of the future, who can positively address the challenges that health and social care presents.
Meeting the health and social care needs of the population is one of the greatest challenges facing any society. It extends to almost every facet of social life, from the person who is unwell and seeking support for themselves, to political decisions about how to structure national systems of healthcare delivery.
When you enrol, you will receive the date of your first induction session where you will receive your timetable for the academic year.
On successful completion of the BSc (Hons) Health and Social Care award, students will be awarded with a Staffordshire University degree.
- Successful completion of the Foundation Degree in Health and Social Care at a Staffordshire University partner college or HND in Health and Social Care enables you to progress directly onto the BSc (Hons) Health and Social Care course.
- GCSE English at a minimum of Grade C/ Grade 4 (or equivalent).
Course Fee (Per Year): £6,950
Click here for information about Tuition Fee Loans and Maintenance Loans.
Modules of Study
The BSc (Hons) Health and Social Care (top-up) is continually assessed through methods which include essays, short answer exams, portfolio, presentations, researched report, viva voce and project work. Modules of study include:
- Extended Health and Social Care Study (45 credits at Level 6)
- Contemporary Issues in Health and Social Care (15 credits at Level 6)
- Leadership and Management in Health and Social Care (30 credits at Level 6)
- The Employable Graduate (30 credits at Level 6)
Employability skills are embedded throughout the award, with a clear focus on how the modules you study and any experiences you have gained can be applied to the workplace.
Throughout your studies you will be taught by friendly, knowledgeable teachers who have been employed in either health or social care and are well equipped to help you relate your study topics to current policy and practice.
When not attending timetabled sessions, you will be expected to continue learning independently through self-study. Typically, this will involve utilising a range of digital resources including our virtual learning environment; reading journals, articles and books; working on individual and group projects; undertaking research; preparing coursework assignments and presentations.
- Successful completion of the Foundation Degree in Health and Social Care at a Staffordshire University partner college or HND in Health and Social Care enables you to progress directly onto the BSc (Hons) Health and Social Care course
- You must also have English GCSE at a minimum of C grade (or equivalent)
With over 350 different career opportunities within different health and social care settings the BSc (Hons) Health and Social Care (top-up) provides the underpinning skills and knowledge required for a wide variety of work in these settings, including public or private sector, working for charities in the UK or abroad, working in research centres, public health, health promotion, NHS support services, social services, housing associations, private care homes, offender services, drug and alcohol services, local authority and the education sector.
Request a Call Back
Complete the below form to request a call back from our Admissions Team.
Higher Education Links
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 10 weeks
- Skill level All levels
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes