Many people find it helpful and empowering to seek the support of counselling at some point in their lives. People in any situation could benefit from counselling, and those with the correct understanding, knowledge and skills can provide them with support to improve personal well-being.
This qualification focusses on key counselling skills to enable you to provide support wherever it is required. The course provides you with an understanding of various theoretical approaches, as well as covering the importance of a counselling relationship and helpful interaction techniques.
Who is suitable?
This course does not qualify you to practice as a counsellor, but is suitable for those who wish to increase their understanding of counselling skills and techniques in order to engage in helpful interaction appropriately. You could use this knowledge to complement an existing role, or as a basis for continued study to attain a qualification in this sector.
What you will learn
This course is split into four manageable units:
- Unit 1: Using counselling skills
- Unit 2: Introduction to counselling skills theories
- Unit 3: Diversity and ethics in the use of counselling skills
- Unit 4: Counselling skills and personal development
Studying via distance learning means you can choose when and where you study. We ensure that you get all the support you need throughout your course in the form of a personal tutor.
This course is available: Fully online
This fully online course is made available on The Skills Network’s online learning platform, EQUAL. Online learning with a difference. EQUAL features:
- Exciting and engaging content
- Interactivity – featuring videos and games to enhance learning
- Access to an online portfolio where learning and feedback can be accessed at any time
- Gain a nationally recognised qualification
- Improve your counselling skills to help you create a long-standing career pathway in your chosen industry
- Courses are delivered as distance learning, allowing you to choose when and where to study
- Personal tutors are assigned to ensure you have the support needed to succeed.
If you would like more information, please call Georgia Whitfield on 0151 257 2175 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 10 weeks
- Skill level All levels
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes