Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Children and Young People’s Mental Health
One in ten children have a diagnosable mental health condition, and 75% of mental health
problems have begun by the age of 24. Mental ill health can affect a young person in every
area of their life, including family, school, friendships, the workplace and the wider world. Mental ill health can be worsened by negative stereotypes and stigma from the media who portray mental illness as shameful and dangerous.
This course will equip learners with a detailed understanding of mental health conditions including
depression and anxiety, the legislation and guidance surrounding mental health, risk factors that may affect mental well-being and how to build resilience against these, and the impact mental health concerns may have on young people and others.
Who is suitable?
This course is ideal for learners who want to increase their knowledge and understanding of children and young people’s mental health. This qualification supports progression onto further mental health qualifications and into relevant employment in the health and social care or education sector.
Studying via distance learning means you can choose when and where you study. We ensure you get all the support you need throughout your course in the form of a personal Tutor and a Learner Support Advisor.
This course is available:
Paper-based learning with online assessments.
What you will learn
This course is split into five manageable units:
- Unit 1: Understand Children and Young People’s Mental Health in Context
- Unit 2: Understand Factors which may affect Children and Young People’s Mental Health
- Unit 3: Understand Children and Young People’s Mental Health Concerns
- Unit 4: Understand the Impact of Children and Young People’s Mental Health Concerns
- Unit 5: Understand how to Support Children and Young People with Mental Health Concerns.
• Gain a nationally recognised qualification
• Establish a long-standing career pathway within the health and social care sector
• This course is delivered via distance learning, allowing you to choose when and where you study
• Study will enhance both your personal skills and professional development
• Personal Tutors are assigned to you to ensure you have the support needed to succeed.
For any more information, please contact Vicky Downward on 0151 257 2179 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 50 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes