Approximately half of all deaths occur in a hospital, but hospitals were recently ranked the lowest in terms of the overall quality of care during the end of life period. Hospices were ranked the highest in terms of the quality of care and care homes were not far behind. This course aims to improve the quality of end of life care that is provided to individuals across all settings.
This period in a person’s life is the most sensitive and difficult to deal with for the individual, the family and any carers or staff members who work with the individual. If you work in or want to work in the healthcare sector or need to care for a loved one during this difficult time, this course is the perfect place to start and will help you provide quality end of life care.
Who is suitable?
The qualification is ideal for anyone who is already working in or intending to work in the healthcare or social care sector. It will provide you with knowledge and understanding of end of life care to support your role. The course may also be suitable for anyone who is caring for a loved one or family member during their final stages of life.
What you will learn
This course is split into six manageable units:
- Unit 1: Understand how to work in end of life care
- Unit 2: Care planning in end of life care
- Unit 3: Understand how to provide support to manage pain and discomfort
- Unit 4: End of life care and dementia
- Unit 5: Understanding the role of the care worker in time of death
- Unit 6: Understand loss and grief in end of life care.
Studying via distance learning means you can choose when and where you study. We ensure that you get all the support you need throughout your course in the form of a personal tutor.
This course is available: Fully online
This fully online course is made available on The Skills Network’s online learning platform, EQUAL. Online learning with a difference. EQUAL features:
- Exciting and engaging content
- Interactivity – featuring videos and games to enhance learning
- Access to an online portfolio where learning and feedback can be accessed at any time
- Gain a nationally recognised qualification.
- Improve your healthcare skills to help you create a long-standing career pathway in your chosen industry.
- Courses are delivered as distance learning, allowing you to choose when and where to study.
- Personal tutors are assigned to ensure you have the support needed to succeed.
If you would like more information, please call Aaron Unsworth on 0151 257 2179 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 10 weeks
- Skill level All levels
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes