There are an estimated 1.5 million people living with a learning disability in the UK. The effects on individuals can vary widely and affect people of every age and background. Each individual with a learning disability is entitled to receive personalised and lifelong support provided by health and social care organisations and a network of carers.
This qualification will provide learners with a comprehensive understanding of issues surrounding different types of learning disabilities and how these affect individuals in their daily lives, including safeguarding, positive risk taking and an awareness of the autistic spectrum.
Who is suitable?
This qualification is suited to anyone currently working, or looking to work, with individuals who have any form of learning disability in order to enhance their knowledge and understanding of personalised care in this context.
Studying via distance learning means you can choose when and where you study. We ensure that you get all the support you need throughout your course in the form of a personal tutor.
This course is available: Fully online
This fully online course is made available on The Skills Network’s online learning platform, EQUAL. Online learning with a difference. EQUAL features:
- Exciting and engaging content
- Interactivity – featuring videos and games to enhance learning
- Access to an online portfolio where learning and feedback can be accessed at any time
- Gain a nationally recognised qualification
- Create a long-standing career pathway within the health and social care industry
- Courses are delivered as distance learning, allowing learners to choose when and where to study
- Personal tutors are assigned to ensure learners have the support needed to succeed.
What you will learn
This course is split into six manageable units:
- Unit 1: Understand the context of supporting individuals with learning disabilities
- Unit 2: Principles of safeguarding and protection in health and social care
- Unit 3: Introduction to personalisation in social care
- Unit 4: Principles of positive risk taking for individuals with disabilities
- Unit 5: Introductory awareness of autistic spectrum conditions
- Unit 6: Principles of supporting individuals with a learning disability to access healthcare.
If you would like more information, please call Aaron Unsworth on 0151 257 2179 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 10 weeks
- Skill level All levels
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes