The suicide rate for men in England and Wales is at its highest rate in two decades. With an ‘alarming’ rise in self-harm also reported in England, it is clear that raising awareness and support around these issues is vital.
The Level 2 Certificate in Self-harm and Suicide Awareness and Prevention qualification has been designed to examine all areas surrounding these sensitive topics. Learners will discover how to recognise the signs of self-harm and suicidal thoughts, as well as how to approach an individual they believe is experiencing this. They will look at managing and minimising self-harm risk, and finally, how to support individuals dealing with grief after suicide.
This course is comprised of three units: Introduction to suicide and self-harm awareness, Recognising the signs of suicide and self-harm in individuals and the principles of suicide and self-harm prevention, and Support for individuals when dealing with grief after suicide.
Who is suitable?
This qualification is aimed at anyone seeking to improve their understanding and awareness of suicide and self-harm. The knowledge
individuals will gain is not sector-specific but can be applied to a broad range of personal and professional situations.
Individuals who may find this course useful to their professional life include: teachers, mental health workers, crisis helpline volunteers, support workers, individuals in a safeguarding role, parents or guardians, and others working with individuals who may be at increased risk of self-harm or suicide.
What you will learn:
This course is split into four manageable units:
- Unit 1: Introduction to suicide and self-harm awareness
- Unit 2: Recognising the signs of suicide and self-harm in individuals
- Unit 3: Principles of suicide and self-harm prevention
- Unit 4: Support for individuals when dealing with grief after suicide
Learning methodStudying via distance learning means you can choose when and where you study. We ensure that you get all the support you need throughout your course in the form of a personal tutor.
This course is available: Fully online
This fully online course is made available on The Skills Network’s online learning platform, EQUAL. Online learning with a difference. EQUAL features:
- Exciting and engaging content
- Interactivity – featuring videos and games to enhance learning
- Access to an online portfolio where learning and feedback can be accessed at any time
- Gain a nationally recognised qualification
- Establish a long-standing career pathway within the education or health and social care sectors
- Improve your knowledge of a key public health issue
- Increase awareness of this sensitive topic during a time when mental health is of vital concern
If you would like more information, please call Georgia Whitfield on 0151 257 2175 or email: email@example.com
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 10 weeks
- Skill level All levels
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes