In the UK alone, there are 30,000 people with a severe learning disability whose behaviour can challenge. However, behaviour that challenges is not limited to people with learning disabilities, which is why it is vital to raise awareness and understanding of this type of behaviour and its effects.
This course will equip learners with a detailed understanding of behaviour that challenges, including how to support positive behaviour, the importance of effective communication in managing behaviour, and the role of reflection and support for those involved in incidents of behaviour that challenges.
Who is suitable?
This course is ideal for learners who wish to develop an in-depth knowledge of behaviour that challenges in order to progress into related employment in health and social care. Anyone who currently works in education or health and social care settings would also benefit from the course. This qualification is suitable for learners aged 16 or above.
What you will learn
This course is split into four manageable units:
- Unit 1: Understand behaviour that challenges
- Unit 2: Understand how to support positive behaviour
- Unit 3: Understand the importance of effective communication and the management of behaviour that challenges
- Unit 4: Understand the role of reflection and support for those involved in incidents of behaviour that challenges.
Studying via distance learning means you can choose when and where you study. We ensure that you get all the support you need throughout your course in the form of a personal tutor.
This course is available: Fully online
This fully online course is made available on The Skills Network’s online learning platform, EQUAL. Online learning with a difference. EQUAL features:
- Exciting and engaging content
- Interactivity – featuring videos and games to enhance learning
- Access to an online portfolio where learning and feedback can be accessed at any time
- Gain a nationally recognised qualification
- Establish a long-standing career pathway within the health and social care sector
- This course is delivered via distance learning, allowing you to choose when and where you study
- Study will enhance both your personal skills and professional development
- Personal tutors are assigned to you to ensure you have the support needed to succeed.
If you would like more information, please call Georgia Whitfield on 0151 257 2175 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 10 weeks
- Skill level All levels
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes