Level 2 Certificate in Understanding the Care and Management of Diabetes
There are more than four million people currently living with diabetes in the UK, and experts predict that this number will reach six million within the next 12 years. As the prevalence of diabetes continues to increase, it is crucial that the people affected become fully aware of how they can adapt their lifestyles to monitor and manage the condition effectively.
By completing this course, you will not only gain a nationally recognised qualification, but will also improve your understanding of the different forms, causes and risk factors of diabetes, becoming aware of the best way to manage, monitor and control it.
Who is suitable?
This course would benefit anyone currently working, or looking to work, in the healthcare sector who wishes to learn more about the different types of diabetes, and demonstrate a willingness to care for people living with the condition.
What you will learn
This course is split into four manageable units:
- Unit 1: Understand diabetes
- Unit 2: Prevention and early intervention of Type 2 diabetes
- Unit 3: Understanding the initial care of diabetes
- Unit 4: Understanding the treatment and management of diabetes.
Studying via distance learning means you can choose when and where you study.
This course is available:
- Online Paper-based
- Paper-based learning with online assessments.
The online course is available on The Skills Network’s online learning platform, EQUAL. Online learning with a difference
- Exciting and engaging content
- Interactivity – featuring videos and games to enhance learning
- Virtual tutors who offer hints, tips and guidance throughout the course.
- Gain a nationally recognised qualification
- Create a long-standing career pathway within the health and social care industry
- Courses are delivered as distance learning, allowing learners to choose when and where to study
- Personal tutors are assigned to ensure learners have the support needed to succeed.
For any more information, please contact Vicky Downward on 0151 257 2179 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 50 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes