There are more than four million people currently living with diabetes in the UK, and experts predict that this number will reach six million within the next 12 years. As the prevalence of diabetes continues to increase, it is crucial that the people affected become fully aware of how they can adapt their lifestyles to monitor and manage the condition effectively.
By completing this course, you will not only gain a nationally recognised qualification, but will also improve your understanding of the different forms, causes and risk factors of diabetes, becoming aware of the best way to manage, monitor and control it.
Who is suitable?
This course would benefit anyone currently working, or looking to work, in the healthcare sector who wishes to learn more about the different types of diabetes, and demonstrate a willingness to care for people living with the condition.
What you will learn
This course is split into four manageable units:
- Unit 1: Understand diabetes
- Unit 2: Prevention and early intervention of Type 2 diabetes
- Unit 3: Understanding the initial care of diabetes
- Unit 4: Understanding the treatment and management of diabetes.
Studying via distance learning means you can choose when and where you study. We ensure that you get all the support you need throughout your course in the form of a personal tutor.
This course is available: Fully online
This fully online course is made available on The Skills Network’s online learning platform, EQUAL. Online learning with a difference. EQUAL features:
- Exciting and engaging content
- Interactivity – featuring videos and games to enhance learning
- Access to an online portfolio where learning and feedback can be accessed at any time
- Gain a nationally recognised qualification
- Create a long-standing career pathway within the health and social care industry
- Courses are delivered as distance learning, allowing learners to choose when and where to study
- Personal tutors are assigned to ensure learners have the support needed to succeed.
If you would like more information, please call Georgia Whitfield on 0151 257 2175 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 10 weeks
- Skill level All levels
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes