This autism level 3 course has been created to provide an autism qualification, ideal for those who wish to develop an in-depth knowledge and understanding of autism. Developed to support a progression into employment in the health and social care or education sector.
Today, over 700,000 people in the UK are autistic, meaning that 2.8m people have a relative on the autism spectrum. The condition affects people of all ages and while it is incurable, the right support at the right time can make an enormous difference to people’s lives. Whether you are looking to progress your career; have an autistic family member, friend or colleague; or would just like to increase yours or your staffs’ knowledge and help raise awareness, this qualification is perfect.
Eligibility for funding
This Level 3 course is fully funded for adults aged 19 and over on 31st August 2023 and meet either of the below definitions:
- Do not have an existing Level 3 or higher qualification
- Are either unemployed or earning less than £31,600.40 for LCR residents
What you will learn
This course is split into six manageable units, covering the following topics:
- Unit 1: Autism in context
- Unit 2: Positive behavioral support for autistic individuals
- Unit 3: Understand support and management of transitions for autistic individuals
- Unit 4: Therapeutic interventions and support available for autistic individuals and co-occurring conditions
- Unit 5: Communication and social interaction with autistic individuals
- Unit 6: Safeguarding and resilience in autism
Studying via distance learning means you can choose when and where you study. We ensure that you get all the support you need throughout your course in the form of a personal tutor.
This course is available: Fully online
This fully online course is made available on The Skills Network’s online learning platform, EQUAL. Online learning with a difference. EQUAL features:
- Exciting and engaging content
- Interactivity – featuring videos and games to enhance learning
- Access to an online portfolio where learning and feedback can be accessed at any time
- Gain a nationally recognised qualification
- Study will enhance both personal skills and professional development
- The programme is delivered via distance learning, allowing you to choose where and when you study
- On average, the course should only take between 16–20 weeks to complete
- Personal tutors are assigned to you, to ensure you have the necessary support needed to be successful.
If you would like more information, please call Georgia Whitfield on 0151 257 2175 or email: email@example.com
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 10 weeks
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes