BA (Hons) Education (Top-Up)
Level: 6 | Duration: 1 Year | Start Date: September 2020
Details: ½ Day Per Week
- Successful completion of a Foundation Degree in Education / Early Childhood Studies
- GCSE English and maths at a minimum of Grade C/ Grade 4 (or equivalent)
- Employed for at least 4 hours per week in an appropriate educational role and setting
- Applicants with professional experience will also be considered on an individual basis
Course Fee (Per Year): £5,750
Course Overview and Duration
The BA (Hons) Education offers a holistic approach to education and learning, relating appropriate theory to practice; a key feature of the course is a progressive understanding of you as a learner and as a learning practitioner. The course has been designed to meet the needs of anyone looking to work with people in any professional context that involves learning. This includes anyone considering working in educational settings such as: schools, colleges, academies, museums and art galleries, youth services, and education departments within organisations.
The course aims to develop reflective practitioners able to take responsibility for their own learning.
Employability and career development is at the heart of this work-based programme. Therefore, you will need to be employed in a role that involves supporting education.
Each module relies on work-based reflection and development, targeting personal and professional improvement throughout in order to help you to reflect and act on your career aspirations. Work-based reflection and development forms a major part of the overall course content and assessment.
Modules of Study
- Changes and Development in Education (30 credits at Level 6)
- Doing Education Differently (30 credits at Level 6)
- Individual Research Report (30 credits at Level 6)
- The Reflective Practitioner (30 credits at Level 6)
Throughout the course, you will engage in: work-based tasks, creation of resources to support learning, observation of the practice of professionals, reflection on organisational practice, wider understanding of sector practice and work placement research.
- Successful completion of the Foundation Degree in Education/Early Childhood Studies at a Staffordshire University partner college enables you to progress directly onto the BA (Hons) Education.
- Alternatively, completion of an equivalent education/early years based Foundation degree from another provider will be considered on a case by case basis.
- You must also have English GCSE at a minimum of C grade (or equivalent)
- You must be employed for at least four hours per week in an appropriate educational role and setting. This employment may be paid or voluntary.
- All applicants will be interviewed for a place on this programme.
A letter from the applicant’s head teacher/principal/head of department/manager must accompany any application. This letter must support the application by confirming the applicant’s involvement in supporting education and state that every effort will be made to support the applicant in undertaking the work-based activities required by the programme.
The letter must also state that the employee has appropriate and current satisfactory enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) clearance.
This degree in Education offers access to a wide variety of career and academic options. You may progress to employment within family and children centres, care support, educational administration and management, play work, learning support and many other educational contexts. Alternatively, you may enter primary teacher training through PGCE Primary, Schools Direct, Schools Direct (salaried) and SCITT routes.
Higher Education Links
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 50 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes