At the Centre of Excellence in Catering and Hospitality students benefit from training with Michelin Star Chefs, extensive opportunities for work experience and our brand new state of the art kitchens and restaurant.
Students will benefit from exceptional opportunities including paid work experience with an external catering and events company. Along with national competitions, these opportunities will ensure that our student’s CVs stand out when they progress into employment or on to university.
Courses available in Catering and Hospitality
See below for the full list of Catering and Hospitality courses available at Riverside College. Please refer to the entry requirements listed further down the page to help identify which level is right for you.
|1||Diploma||Hospitality and Catering|
|2||Diploma||Professional Food and Beverage Services|
|3||Advanced Technical Diploma||Professional Cookery|
|3||Advanced Technical Diploma||Food and Beverage Service Supervision|
Once you have made an application to the college you will be invited in for an interview with the admissions team who will help to identify the right course, at the right level to meet your goals and aspirations.
Scholars Restaurant and Training Kitchens
Catering and Hospitality students have the opportunity to gain practical kitchen and front of house experience in the college kitchens and Scholars Training Restaurant.
Students will benefit from:
- Modern ‘Scholars’ restaurant with bar and professional barista coffee machine open to the public and hosting events for up to 120 people.
- The latest industry facilities including brand new kitchens with state of the art induction hobs, salamander grills and digitally programmed ovens and steamers.
New Training Kitchens
State of the Art Training Kitchens Catering and Hospitality students will have the opportunity to train in brand new industry standard training kitchens. The kitchens have been designed to provide students with a range of different cooking facilities to enable them to gain different skills and techniques in preparation for a successful career in the industry.
- Top of the range modular kitchen equipment
- A mobile teaching station and separate teaching area
- Indoor BBQ
- Bakers oven
- Separate prep and cooking areas
- Pastry kitchen
Students will develop high level skills which will enable them to pursue careers in the rapidly growing Catering and Hospitality industry.
Our newly refurbished industry standard production kitchens and restaurant provide students with the opportunity to run their own restaurant and showcase their skills to the public.
- Front of House
- Hospitality Management
- Events Catering
- Executive Chef
- Events Planner
- Restaurant Manager
- Freelance Catering Services
- Specialist Chef
- Food Technician
- Bar Service
At the Centre of Excellence, students will benefit from exceptional opportunities including paid work experience with an external catering and events company. Along with national competitions, these opportunities will ensure that our student’s CVs stand out when they progress into employment.
- Train to work in Michelin Star restaurants
- Teachers who have worked in internationally renowned hotels and restaurants
- Brand new kitchen and restaurant
- Get real, paid work experience including Signature Living and Chester Races
- Cater for large external events in local and regional venues
- Take part in national competitions including the British Culinary Federation competition
- 100% of students gained employment at the end of their course
Successful completion of a Level 2 in Catering or Hospitality and a grade 4 in English and Maths. Relevant experience in the Catering and Hospitality industry will also be considered.
A minimum of four 9-3 GCSE subject grades, including English Language and Maths.
A minimum of four 9-2 GCSE subject grades, including English Language and Maths.
What could these courses lead on to?
At Riverside College you can progress through the levels from level 1 to level 3 and beyond with our Higher Education courses. By achieving qualifications in Catering and Hospitality you will be able to access a wide range of employment opportunities and apprenticeships in hotels, restaurants, and on cruise liners with local, national and global employers.
Following the level 3 course you could enter employment at a higher technical level and many students also choose to take their qualifications higher with degrees in Hospitality and Events Management.