Level: 4 | Duration: 2 Years | Start Date: 14/09/23
Days of the Week: Thursday, 1pm – 9pm
Location: Cronton College, Cronton Lane, Widnes, WA8 5WA
64 UCAS points, made up of a combination of the following:
• Level 3 qualification in a relevant subject e.g. BTEC Extended Diploma in Engineering.
• AS maths or level 3 equivalent.
• GCSE maths and English at Grade C/4 or equivalent.
Course Fee (Per Year): £3,500
Click here for information about Tuition Fee Loans and Maintenance Loans.
A Higher National Certificate (HNC) in an engineering discipline is considered to be one of the benchmark qualifications for the industry. Employers place a high value on individuals who possess a HNC in Engineering.
This programme of study has been designed to develop higher level skills and knowledge in Engineering. It provides the education and training for engineers and technicians who are either employed or are aspiring to work at a professional level in a variety of engineering roles.
When you enrol, you will receive the date of your first induction session where you will receive your timetable for the academic year.
- State of the art industry training centre with over £3.6 million worth of investment
- 3D Printers
- CAD/CNC equipment
- Recognition from national engineering bodies
- Highly qualified tutors with a wide range of industry experience
You will study core units which include:
- Engineering Design
- Engineering Maths
- Engineering Science
- Managing a Professional Engineering Project
Additional units would then be selected from the list below, depending on the specialist HNC Engineering pathway followed.
(Pathways available in Mechanical Engineering or Electrical and Electronic Engineering).
Pathway and unit availability is subject to viable group numbers.
- Mechanical Principles
- Fundamentals of Thermodynamics and Heat Engines
- Electrical and Electronic Principles
- Materials, Properties and Testing
- Automation, Robotics and PLC
- Electrical Machines
- Digital Principles
- Fluid Mechanics
- Computer Aided Design and Manufacture
Will be carried out by means of a number of assignments, practical activities and course work.
Employers place a high value on individuals who possess a Higher National Certificate in Mechanical Engineering and it can open up higher level jobs within industry or lead directly to a pay rise or promotion with your current employer.
On successful completion of the HNC Engineering (RQF), you may be eligible to progress onto the Higher National Diploma in Engineering at Riverside College (a one-year top-up qualification).
Request a Call Back
Complete the below form to request a call back from our Admissions Team.
Higher Education Links
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 50 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes