Level: 5 | Duration: 1 Year | Start Date: September 2020
Part Time Course
- Candidates must have studied and successfully completed the HNC Engineering (RQF).
- GCSE maths and English at Grade C/4 or equivalent.
- Completion of a pre-course bridge assessment (where appropriate).
Course Fee (Per Year): £3995
The Higher National Diploma in Engineering (General Engineering) is a one-year specialist work-related course, to allow you to top up your HNC Engineering to a HND. It provides greater depth and specialisation than the HNC Engineering, enabling you to develop a wide range of practical skills, knowledge and understanding required for progression into a team leader/management position within the Engineering Sector.
You will further develop confidence in problem solving and decision making to support you to take personal responsibility in a range of situations. This, in turn, will assist your career progression and professional development. Engineering project management and quality management systems feature predominantly within this programme. Students will complete specialist projects, as well as an in depth research project linked to their workplace (where appropriate).
You will graduate as a confident, self-reflecting professional who is able to meet the demands of employers in a dynamic and continually evolving Sector.
Units may include:
- Research Project (30 units)
- Lean manufacturing 15 units)
- Professional Engineering Management (15 units)
- Further Mathematics (15 units)
- Advanced Manufacturing Technology (15 units)
- Sustainability (15 units)
- Advanced Mechanical Principles (15 units)
- Embedded Systems (15 units)
Units for the HND Engineering (General Engineering) have been chosen in conjunction with local employers and include specialisms in Electrical and Electronic and Mechanical Engineering.
1 year (plus completion of a pre-course bridging assessment, where appropriate)
How will I be assessed?
A range of assessment methods will be used, which will be primarily coursework to take into account the vocational nature of the subject and emphasis on work-related learning. Within the coursework, there will be a requirement for you to undertake calculations, produce designs and deliver presentations.
Higher Education Links
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 50 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes