Research has found that over half of children aged 11 to 16 have been bullied about their appearance, with 40% targeted at least once a week. With this in mind, it has become more important than ever to address the issue of bullying amongst children and young people. Bullying takes many forms – physical, verbal, and in more recent years as technology has developed, cyber bullying has increasingly become a problem.
This course aims to increase awareness of the types of bullying that can occur, what factors can create a bully, the legislation surrounding bullying, and how to help an individual who is being bullied.
Who is suitable?
This course is ideal for learners who wish to increase their awareness and understanding of bullying, including how to recognise when bullying is taking place, taking action to stop bullying and the legislation surrounding bullying.
What you will learn
This course is split into four manageable units:
- Unit 1: Principles of bullying
- Unit 2: Recognising bullying in children and young people
- Unit 3: Action to be taken when a child and young person is being bullied
- Unit 4: Understand government guidelines for bullying
Studying via distance learning means you can choose when and where you study. We ensure that you get all the support you need throughout your course in the form of a personal tutor.
This course is available: Fully online
This fully online course is made available on The Skills Network’s online learning platform, EQUAL. Online learning with a difference. EQUAL features:
- Exciting and engaging content
- Interactivity – featuring videos and games to enhance learning
- Access to an online portfolio where learning and feedback can be accessed at any time
- Gain a nationally recognised qualification
- Learn how to recognise and take action to stop bullying
- This course is delivered via distance learning, allowing you to choose when and where you study
- Study will enhance both your personal skills and professional development
- Personal Tutors are assigned to you to ensure you have the support needed to succeed.
If you would like more information, please call Georgia Whitfield on 0151 257 2175 or email: email@example.com
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 10 weeks
- Skill level All levels
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes