Level 2 Certificate in Awareness of Mental Health Problems
Did you know one in four British adults experience at least one diagnosable mental health problem each year? The most common is mixed anxiety and depression, but there are many other issues which have a huge impact on a person’s life and the people around them.
Anyone who works around people with mental health problems needs to understand each condition fully. Likewise, anyone who has seen someone experience mental health problems would benefit from understanding the meaning, causes, effects, symptoms and management of the condition. This nationally recognised qualification covers all of these aspects and is the perfect place to start.
Who is suitable?
The qualification is suitable for anyone who wishes to increase their knowledge of mental health problems, the factors that cause mental ill-health and the ways that mental health problems can be managed. The course is also suitable for those who already work in this area, anyone who wants to secure a job linked to mental health and anyone who wants to gain more knowledge for personal reasons.
Studying via distance learning means you can choose when and where you study.
This course is available:
Paper-based learning with online assessments.
What you will learn
This course is split into thirteen manageable units:
- Unit 1: Understanding mental health
- Unit 2: Understanding stress
- Unit 3: Understanding anxiety
- Unit 4: Understanding phobias
- Unit 5: Understanding depression
- Unit 6: Understanding post-natal depression
- Unit 7: Understanding bipolar disorder
- Unit 8: Understanding schizophrenia
- Unit 9: Understanding dementia
- Unit 10: Understanding eating disorders
- Unit 11: Understanding Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Unit 12: Understanding Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Unit 13: Understanding Post-traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Gain a nationally recognised qualification
- Improve your skills to help create a long-standing career pathway in your chosen industry
- Courses are delivered as distance learning, allowing you to choose when and where to study
- Personal tutors are assigned to ensure you have the support needed to succeed.
For any more information, please contact Vicky Downward on 0151 257 2179 or email email@example.com
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 50 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes