Please note: you will need to purchase a skincare training kit at a cost of £27.45 which will be organised when you enrol.
Level: 2 | Duration: 30 Weeks | Start Date: 21/09/23
Details: Thursdays, 6pm – 9pm
What is this course about?
This qualification has been specifically designed for those with an interest in skincare or as an introduction into further specialist and advanced training in skincare treatments.
Why choose this course?
- Winners in the World UK skills competition in beauty therapy
- 100% pass rates
- Excellent employment opportunities
- Outstanding quality assurance reports from awarding body inspections
- High satisfaction rates from our students and clients
- Tutors who are experienced industry specialists
16/18: You will need to have achieved 4 GCSEs at 3 (D) or above which must include English.
19+: You will need to be assessed at working at Level 1 English and Level 1 maths. You may be invited in for an interview.
What will I learn on this course?
This course includes.
- Skin Analysis and skin mapping with anatomy and physiology
- Skin warming techniques, including the use of steam and hot towels.
- Cleansing, toning and moisturizing techniques.
- Creating and applying individualized face masks.
- Full facial massage routines: including holistic and spa facials and pressure point massage.
- Lymphatic drainage methods
- Direct and indirect high frequency
- Anti-aging lifting massage systems
How will I be assessed?
You will be assessed throughout your course by practical observation and your theoretical understanding will be assessed through the completion of an assignment or unit test. You will be required to complete a portfolio of evidence.
*Please note: You may be required to attend an assessment day/evening if you are selected by the awarding body, external verifier – failure to attend could lead to your certificate being withheld until you are seen be the external verifier
Are there any costs associated with this course?
You will have to follow the correct dress code for the professional environment, and you will have to purchase a tunic (approximately £30.00) plus postage and packing), you must also wear full-length black trousers and a full black shoe. You will need to purchase a skincare training kit from the college at a cost of £27.45 (includes home delivery). You will have to provide files etc. for your course work and photographic evidence may be required for practical assessments.
19+: Course fee: £365
**Many of our courses can be studied for free, even if you are employed or self-employed, depending on your individual circumstances and the course you have chosen to study. Click here for more information.
What will this course lead on to?
On successful completion of this course, you will be able to progress onto further beauty training or advanced skincare courses. This qualification can be used in salons, wellbeing community settings or to start or add to a portfolio of treatments that can be offered as a self-employed business.
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 10 weeks
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes