T Levels at Riverside College
New for 2022: T Level Qualifications
At Riverside College we are introducing two of the new T Level qualifications in September 2022. These are Engineering and Manufacturing: Manufacturing, Processing and Control, and Childcare and Education (Early Years Education).
T Level qualifications are new nationally recognised qualifications offering an alternative to A levels, apprenticeships and other vocational courses. Equivalent to 3 A levels and giving the same UCAS points for University, a T Level focuses on industry skills.
The main difference with a T Level qualification is that students spend 80% of the course in College, and the other 20% on a meaningful industry placement. T Levels have been designed with more than 250 leading businesses and employers to give you the knowledge and skills you need to progress on to a degree, degree apprenticeship or into the workplace following your course.
Engineering and Manufacturing: Manufacturing, Processing and Control
This Technical Qualification consists of a core section including health and safety, material science, and engineering mathematics. The subject specialism is Maintenance engineering technologies. After completing basic skills modules you will progress on to learning about advanced diagnostic techniques for multiple mechanical systems.
Childcare and Education (Early Years Education)
This Technical Qualification will equip you with the knowledge, skills and behaviours you need to enter skilled employment. The occupational specialisms are: Early Years Educator. During this course you will study a wide range of subjects including Wider Context, Child Development Supporting Education, Observation and Assessment, Safeguarding, Health and Safety and Wellbeing, Reflective Practice, Behaviours, Equality and Diversity, Parents, Families and Carers, Special Educational Needs and Disability, Working with Others and English as an Additional Language.