Care planning relates to addressing an individual’s full range of needs whilst accounting for their circumstances and preferences. It helps individuals to become involved in decisions about their care and to achieve the outcomes they want. Care planning plays an important role in healthcare and creates a person-centred approach to care.
This qualification will allow you to understand your role in supporting the preferences and needs of individuals in relation to their care and support. It also enables you to develop and implement care plans, and contribute to the review of these by observing, monitoring and reporting on the care activities you are responsible for.
Who is suitable?
This qualification is suitable for learners who are looking to enter into, or progress within, employment in a variety of sectors and job roles where an understanding of care planning is required. This qualification is suitable for learners aged 16 and above.
What you will learn
The course is split into six manageable units:
- Unit 1: Understanding person-centred thinking and planning
- Unit 2: Care planning for the care worker
- Unit 3: Understanding nutrition and hydration in health and social care settings
- Unit 4: Principles of supporting an individual to maintain personal hygiene
- Unit 5: Understanding continence care
- Unit 6: Principles of supporting sleep.
Studying via distance learning means you can choose when and where you study. We ensure that you get all the support you need throughout your course in the form of a personal tutor.
This course is available: Fully online
This fully online course is made available on The Skills Network’s online learning platform, EQUAL. Online learning with a difference. EQUAL features:
- Exciting and engaging content
- Interactivity – featuring videos and games to enhance learning
- Access to an online portfolio where learning and feedback can be accessed at any time
- Gain a nationally recognised qualification
- Establish a long-standing career pathway within the care industry
- This course is delivered via distance learning, allowing you to choose when and where you study
- Study will enhance both your personal skills and professional development
- Personal tutors are assigned to you, to ensure you have the support needed to succeed.
If you would like more information, please call Georgia Whitfield on 0151 257 2175 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 10 weeks
- Skill level All levels
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes