This mental health course will enable you to develop a thorough knowledge and understanding of mental health and well-being. It will equip learners with the skills needed to work in mental health services, making it ideal for those who want to progress in the health and social care sector.
With increasing worries around each life stage, whether linked to exam pressure, work expectations, unemployment or financial difficulties, it is not surprising that individuals may struggle to cope with the demands of everyday life. Approximately one in four people in the UK will experience a mental health problem each year. This is why it is more important than ever before to increase our understanding of mental health in order to tackle this growing health concern and challenge the stigma attached to mental ill health.
Eligibility for funding
This Level 3 course is fully funded for adults aged 19 and over on 31st August 2023 and meet either of the below definitions:
- Do not have an existing Level 3 or higher qualification
- Are either unemployed or earning less than £31,600.40 for LCR residents
What you will learn
This course is split into five manageable units, covering the following topics:
- Unit 01: Understanding the context of mental health and wellbeing
- Unit 02: Promotion of mental health and wellbeing
- Unit 03: Mental health problems: associated issues and consequences
- Unit 04: Understanding mental ill health
- Unit 05: Working in mental health
Studying via distance learning means you can choose when and where you study. We ensure that you get all the support you need throughout your course in the form of a personal tutor.
This course is available: Fully online
This fully online course is made available on The Skills Network’s online learning platform, EQUAL. Online learning with a difference. EQUAL features:
- Exciting and engaging content
- Interactivity – featuring videos and games to enhance learning
- Access to an online portfolio where learning and feedback can be accessed at any time
- Gain a nationally recognised qualification
- Study will enhance both personal skills and professional development
- The programme is delivered via distance learning, allowing you to choose where and when you study
- On average, the course should only take between 16–20 weeks to complete
- Personal tutors are assigned to you, to ensure you have the necessary support needed to be successful.
If you would like more information, please call Georgia Whitfield on 0151 257 2175 or email: email@example.com
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 10 weeks
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes