EMPLOYERS SUPPORTING STUDENT LEARNING
The following information will help to inform employers who are supporting students and their learning. It will keep you updated on the latest announcements from College, Awarding Bodies and Government Agencies. The information will be continually updated with new information when we receive it
The College will move to online and remote learning as from Monday 23rd March following the recent update from the Government. This will affect you in the following ways:
Will students still attend their work placement?
- All students will not attend work placements from Monday 23rd March until further notice.
What to do if you employ an apprentice
- Employers should continue with the 20% off the job learning for apprentices.
- Assessors will not be visiting apprentices within the workplace until further notice in line with government guidelines however they will continue to make appointments with apprentices to support learning and ongoing assessment. Short videos from work, professional discussions and other approaches will enable your apprentice to continue making progress. Learning materials and resources will be made available via our Virtual Learning Platform and instructions will be provided to apprentices on how to access this.
- Advise your apprentice that should they become ill and are not able to continue with their learning short term they will need to advise their assessor. If for any reason this cannot be resumed within four weeks, we will apply a break in learning to their programme and adjust the end date to reflect this.
- All apprentices should continue to submit their work and assignments online.
How will the College assist and support the apprentice?
- The College will support apprentices online.
- Apprentices will access learning through the College Virtual learning Environment. This will include English and maths as required as well as vocational learning. Our tutors and assessors will provide online support and you will be kept up to date with your apprentices’ progress by the College’s Apprenticeship Team.
- If your apprentice is reaching Gateway or the End Point Assessment stage of their programme you will be contacted by the Apprenticeship Team to advise you of any revised arrangements from the Assessment Organisations and the impact on the timeliness of their completion.
- Our Employer Services team are working from home during this period but can be contacted via firstname.lastname@example.org or by leaving a message on the dedicated employer number – 0151 257 2828 which is monitored during working hours.
What if you are an Employer working with the College to provide extra enrichment and trips for students or apprentices?
- All trips, visits, guest speakers and events will stop immediately and throughout the time when students are working remotely.
We thank you for your support and co-operation during this difficult and uncertain period.