Foundation Degree Health and Social Care Tutor
I joined Riverside College in August 2020 as a Health and Social Care lecturer. I currently teach on the Foundation Degree in Health and Social Care and also the BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma in Health and Social Care.
I have spent the last 12 years teaching in Further Education and Higher Education on a variety of courses including GCSE, BTEC, Access, Foundation degree, BSc and master’s degree. I have taught across all of the Health Sciences. I have also had additional roles as curriculum manager, head of department, quality assurance lead, module leader and Teaching and learning mentor.
Prior to teaching I worked in a hospital pathology laboratory as a Biomedical Scientist and I am still registered practitioner.
- Active HCPC registration as a practising Biomedical Scientist (Specialism: Clinical Virology).
- Degree in Biomedical Sciences with honours in Clinical Biochemistry.
- Master’s degree in science (Major: Pharmacology).
- PGCE in Post Compulsory Education and Training.
- Research interests: Sexual Health Science and Blood borne virology.
- I am a licentiate member of the Institute of Biomedical Sciences.
Expertise and Interests
I am currently writing a research proposal “An investigation to determine the healthcare implications of accelerated physiological ageing and prolonged pharmacotoxicity amongst the ageing HIV population.”