AAT Professional Diploma in Accounting – Level 4
Level: 4 | Duration: 15-18 Months | Start Date: September
What is this course about?
The purpose of the AAT Professional Diploma in Accounting is to enhance the skills developed from the AAT Advanced Diploma in Accounting enabling you to maximise opportunities in your current or new employment. By studying for this qualification you will acquire professional accountancy and finance skills that will be useful throughout your careers including:
- Drafting financial statements for limited companies
- Knowledge and skills in complex management accounting techniques
- The ability to analyse accounting systems and their associated controls
- Knowledge and skills in specialist accountancy and finance subjects.
You can either study this course one full day or two evenings per week.
What will I learn?
To achieve the AAT Level 4 Professional diploma in Accounting you will study the following mandatory units:
- Management accounting budgeting
- Financial statements of limited companies
- Management accounting decision and control
- Accounting systems and controls
You will also need to complete two of the following options:
- Personal tax
- Business tax
- Credit management
- Cash and Treasury management
You must have successfully completed the AAT Level 3 Advanced Diploma in Accounting or an equivalent qualification. You must have achieved GCSEs at grade C or grade 4 or above or Level 2 equivalent in English and Maths.
What are the course fees?
Course fee: TBC (2020 £2,573)
An Advanced Learner Loan is also available for this course. It will fully cover your fees with no repayments until you earn £26,575 or more per year.
This course can be paid in instalments.
In addition to the course fees you will also need to pay a student membership fee directly to the AAT.
How will I be assessed?
The course will be examined by computer based assessments for each of the three mandatory units and the two optional units as above. The synoptic test will cover the first four units at the end of the course.
What can I go on to do once I have completed this course?
Upon successful completion of this course you will become a qualified Accounting Technician and can go on to secure employment at managerial or supervisory levels. This qualification will also lead to exemptions at ACCA and CIMA and the non-graduate route to chartered accountancy.
Completion of this qualification can lead to a wide variety of well-paid accountancy and finance job some of which include:
- Professional accounting technician
- Assistant management accountant
- Senior bookkeeper
- Senior finance officer
- Assistant financial accountant
- Cost accountant
- Accounts payable and expenses supervisor
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 50 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes