Level: 4 | Duration: 15-18 Months | Start Date: 22/01/24 OR 23/01/24
Details: Monday OR Tuesday, 9.30am – 4.30pm
What is this course about?
The purpose of the AAT Diploma in Professional Accounting is to enhance the skills developed from the AAT Advanced Diploma in Accounting enabling you to maximise opportunities in your current or new employment. By studying for this qualification you will acquire professional accountancy and finance skills that will be useful throughout your careers including:
- Drafting financial statements for limited companies
- Knowledge and skills in complex management accounting techniques
- The ability to analyse accounting systems and their associated controls
- Knowledge and skills in specialist accountancy and finance subjects.
You can either study this course one full day or two evenings per week.
What will I learn?
To achieve the AAT Diploma in Professional Accounting you will study the following mandatory units:
- Drafting and Interpreting Financial Statements
- Applied Management Accounting
- Internal Accounting Systems and Controls
You will also need to complete two of the following options:
- Personal Tax
- Business Tax
- Credit and Debt Management
- Cash and Financial Management
You must have successfully completed the AAT Level 3 Advanced Diploma in Accounting or an equivalent qualification. You must have achieved GCSEs at grade C or grade 4 or above or Level 2 equivalent qualification in English and maths.
Course fee: £2,573
If you are 19 or over and studying a level 3 qualification you may be eligible for an Advanced Learning Loan. These loans will cover the full course fee for the duration of your course.
Click here for more information about the Advanced Learner Loan
This course can be paid in instalments.
In addition to the course fees you will also need to pay a Registration Fee directly to the AAT. This is currently £240 for level 4. (Payable once you have started the course).
How will I be assessed?
The course will be examined by computer-based assessments for each of the three mandatory units and the two optional units as above.
What can I go on to do once I have completed this course?
Upon successful completion of this course, you will become a qualified Accounting Technician and can go on to secure employment at managerial or supervisory levels. This qualification will also lead to exemptions at ACCA and CIMA and the non-graduate route to chartered accountancy.
Completion of this qualification can lead to a wide variety of well-paid accountancy and finance jobs some of which include:
- Professional accounting technician
- Assistant management accountant
- Senior bookkeeper
- Senior finance officer
- Assistant financial accountant
- Cost accountant
- Accounts payable and expenses supervisor
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 50 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes