Level 2 Certificate in Falls Prevention Awareness
Every year in the UK, more than one in three adults aged over 65 falls and injures themselves as a result. Falls have been the most common and serious type of accident experienced by people over 65 for many years, as well as the leading cause of death from injury for people aged over 75.
Falls, and injuries from falls, can affect a person’s confidence, impact on their mental health and quality of life, and prevent a person from living independently. It is crucial that those working in the health and social care sector are aware of how to prevent falls and how to take care of someone who has experienced a fall. This course will equip learners with a detailed understanding of the impact and consequences of a fall, the risks and hazards that could result in a fall, and how to prevent or reduce the risk of falls.
Who is suitable?
This course is ideal for learners who wish to increase their awareness and understanding of falls and how to prevent them. Anyone who currently works in the health and social care sector and wishes to progress their career would benefit from this course, as well as anyone who is looking to work in the sector. The qualification is suitable for learners aged 16 or above.
What you will learn
This course is split into four units:
- Unit 1: Falls in context
- Unit 2: The risk factors and causes of falls
- Unit 3: Falls assessment and prevention
- Unit 4: Managing falls.
Studying via distance learning means you can choose when and where you study. We ensure you get all the support you need throughout your course in the form of a personal Tutor and a Learner Support Advisor.
This course is available:
- Paper-based learning with online assessments.
Gain a nationally recognised qualification
- Establish a long-standing career pathway within the health and social care sector
- This course is delivered via distance learning, allowing you to choose when and where you study
- Study will enhance both your personal skills and professional development
- Personal tutors are assigned to you to ensure you have the support needed to succeed.
For any more information, please contact Vicky Downward on 0151 257 2179 or email email@example.com
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 50 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes