Level 2 Certificate in Understanding the Safe Handling of Medication in Health and Social Care
The NHS spent more than £6.8 billion on medicines in 2015-16 and experts believe that more than 50% of all medication is prescribed, dispensed or sold inappropriately every single year. Furthermore, half of all patients in the UK fail to take their medication correctly. These facts can often lead to disastrous consequences, especially when medication ends up in the wrong hands.
By completing this course, you will not only gain a nationally recognised qualification, but will also develop and improve your knowledge and skills in the handling of medication in health and social care.
Who is suitable?
This qualification is ideal for anyone who works in the healthcare sector or anyone who wishes to work in this sector in the future. The qualification is also suitable for anyone who handles medication while in a caring role.
What you will learn
This course is split into four manageable units:
- Unit 1: Understand medication and prescriptions
- Unit 2: Supply, storage and disposal of medication
- Unit 3: Understand the requirements for the safe administration of medication
- Unit 4: Record keeping and audit processes for medication
Studying via distance learning means you can choose when and where you study.
This course is available:
- Paper-based learning with online assessments.
- Gain a nationally recognised qualification
- Create a long-standing career pathway within the healthcare sector
- Courses are delivered as distance learning, allowing you to choose when and where to study
- Personal tutors are assigned to ensure you have the support needed to succeed.
For any more information, please contact Vicky Downward on 0151 257 2179 or email email@example.com
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 50 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes