BA (Hons) Sport Coaching and Sport Development (top up)
Level: 6 | Duration: 1 Year | Start Date: September 2019
Details: 2 ½ Days Per Week
- A UK Higher National Diploma or relevant Foundation Degree within a sport related discipline.
- Maths and English GCSE at Grade C (or equivalent).
- Applicants with professional experience will also be considered on an individual basis.
Course Fee (Per Year): £TBC
The aim of this course is to provide students with the opportunity to maximise their employability by providing them with academic knowledge and practical skills for employment in a range of occupations including PE teaching, sport development, sports management and strength and conditioning coaching.
- You will be taught by passionate teachers who are experts in their field and who all have experience of working in an elite performance environment.
- You will benefit from a distinctive educational experience where you will have access to fitness suites containing state of the art equipment and facilities.
- You will have the opportunity to gain coaching experience at the College’s Centre of Sporting Excellent.
- Guest speakers support the delivery of modular content.
You may also wish to take up an opportunity to work towards additional coaching qualifications.
- Personal & Professional Development in Sport & Exercise
- UK & Global Sport in Development
- Contemporary Issues in Sports Coaching
- Fitness Instruction, PT and Ergogenic Aids
- Children in Sport & P.E.
Why choose Riverside for the Course?
- Outstanding teaching and learning
- Small class sizes and extensive class contact
- Outstanding pastoral care and student support
- Compacted timetable fits with part-time working
- Local venue keeps travel and other costs to a minimum
- Excellent value for money
What is the cost of the course?
Annual course fees apply (Course fee Student Loans are available).
What will this course lead on to?
This course will prepare students for employment in a range of occupations including PE teaching, sports development, sports management, sports coaching, and strength & conditioning coaching.
During the year you’ll spend 22% of time in lectures, seminars or similar and 78% of time in independent study.
Your assessment will be 100% coursework
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes