Recent findings have demonstrated that 3.3% of all pupils in schools in England have an Education, Health and Care (EHC) plan, in comparison to only 3.1% in 2019. A further 12.1% of all pupils who do not have an EHC plan have Special Education Needs (SEN) support within the school environment – this is an increase on 11.9% in 2019.
This course will equip learners with a detailed understanding of Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND), including equality and diversity in the context of SEND and legislation and guidance that helps promote this. Learners will also look at how a person centred approach can benefit individuals living with SEND, how SEND conditions can affect learning and how to support those living with SEND and their families.
Who is suitable?
This qualification is aimed at anyone who wishes to develop an in-depth knowledge of Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND),
particularly in order to progress into related employment in education or health and social care settings. Anyone who currently works in the education and health and social care sectors would also benefit from the course, as well as anyone with a personal need for or interest in developing a more detailed understanding of Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND). This qualification is suitable for learners aged 16 or above.
What you will learn:
- Unit 1: Introduction to Special Educational Needs and Disability (SEND)
- Unit 2: Understanding equality and diversity in the context of SEND
- Unit 3: Principles of promoting a person-centred approach for individuals with SEND
- Unit 4: Understanding SEND and learning
- Unit 5: Living with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND)
Studying via distance learning means you can choose when and where you study. We ensure that you get all the support you need throughout your course in the form of a personal tutor.
This course is available: Fully online
This fully online course is made available on The Skills Network’s online learning platform, EQUAL. Online learning with a difference. EQUAL features:
- Exciting and engaging content
- Interactivity – featuring videos and games to enhance learning
- Access to an online portfolio where learning and feedback can be accessed at any time
- Gain a nationally recognise qualification
- Establish a long-standing career pathway within the education or health and social care sectors
- This course is delivered via distance learning, allowing you to choose when and where you study
- Increase your awareness of SEND and be able to better support individuals with SEND in your everyday life and in a work setting
- Study will enhance both your personal skills and professional development
- Personal Tutors are assigned to you to ensure you have the support needed to succeed.
If you would like more information, please call Georgia Whitfield on 0151 257 2175 or email: email@example.com
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 10 weeks
- Skill level All levels
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes