COURSE FULL FOR SEPTEMBER 2022
Level: 2 | Duration: 20 Weeks | Start Date: 21/09/22
Details: Wednesday, 6pm – 9pm
The qualifications at Level 2 are designed for those wishing to build on introductory skills acquired at Level 1. They allow candidates to learn, develop and practise the skills required for employment and/or career progression in the engineering sector.
What will this course lead on to?
The qualifications provide knowledge and/or practical skills related to Engineering NVQs at Level 2.
On completion of these qualifications candidates may progress into employment or to the following City & Guilds qualifications:
- Level 3 Diploma in Engineering (2850)
- Level 3 Awards in Advanced Welding Skills (3268-03)
What will I learn on this course?
Students will select from one of the following disciplines:
- Unit 201 Manual Metal Arc (MMA) welding
- Unit 202 Oxy-acetylene welding
- Unit 203 Tungsten Inert Gas (TIG) welding – aluminium
- Unit 204 Tungsten Inert Gas (TIG) welding
- Unit 205 Metal Inert Gas (MIG) welding
- Unit 206 Metal fabrication
- Unit 207 Thermal cutting techniques
- Unit 208 Flux cored arc welding
For each qualification candidates will be required to complete the following assessments:
- Five practical assignments and one oral knowledge test for each welding unit
- Three practical assignments and one oral knowledge test for the metal fabrication unit
- Three practical assignments and one oral knowledge test for the thermal cutting unit
Full assignment details can be found in the Practical covering TIG, MIG, MMA and Oxy-Acetylene Welding.
Course Cost: £499
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 3 hours per week
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes